IEEE Conference on Games (CoG) 2019
This August, Researchers from DC Labs, WeaVR and PhD students from IGGI will be presenting at CoG in London.
The Conference on Games (CoG) evolves from the traditional Computational Intelligence and Games (CIG) to bring together leading researchers and practitioners from academia and industry in the field of Games, to discuss recent advances and explore future directions. Games offer a fantastic domain for computational creativity, game design, technology, education, social sciences and, undoubtedly, artificial and computational intelligence. The annual IEEE Conference on Games (IEEE CoG) seeks to share insights and cutting-edge research related to game technologies and design, covering scientific, technical, and engineering aspects of games.
IEEE CoG 2019 will include presentations of peer-reviewed papers, invited talks by high-profile industry and academic leaders, panels, posters and demos. We welcome papers related to all aspects of Games, including, but not limited to, the following broad subject areas:
- Computational and Artificial Intelligence in Games: advances in and applications of machine learning, search, reasoning, optimization and other CI/AI methods related to video games, board games, computer games, serious games, mathematical games and other types of games. This includes, but is not limited to, methods for game playing, content generation, player modeling, and game adaptation, as well as game-based testing of AI methods.
- Game Technology: papers on engines, frameworks, graphics, sound, networking and animation.
- Game Interaction and Player Experience: advances in game interfaces and modeling of player experience and metrics.
- Game Design: methods, techniques and studies on video and board game design.
- Game Education: usage of games for education, learning and development. This includes game competitions used for teaching and research in education institutions.