DC Labs Summer School Scholarships 2019
DC Labs Summer Scholarship Programme is an exciting opportunity to work with researchers, designers, and students across the UK at the cutting edge of digital creativity for nine weeks. Now in its fourth year, the 2019 Summer School will run from 8 July - 6 September 2019.
**DC LABS SUMMER SCHOOL IS NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS**
This summer we are offering places on the following projects:
- Mapping Mixed-Initiative Creative Interfaces: How can Humans & AI Collaborate in Creative Practice?
- Novelty-Maker: A PCG Game that Optimizes Novelty
- Curiosity and Games Design
- Brains, Bricks, Ducks, AI: New Ways of Measuring Creativity
- Participatory Production of a Non-linear, Interactive Film about Mental Health
- Brooke Leave Home: Preparing an Interactive Film for Release
- Esports Analytics
- Human-like AI for decision-making in games
- Enjoyable AI: Understanding the ideal level of challenge for video game development
- Catastrophic: A Game of Connections, Collaborations & Cross-disciplinarity
All students who are committed to a course of study at an undergraduate, masters, or PhD level in the following year are eligible.
It is important to consider that you must be available to undertake the entire 9 week Summer School programme: 8 July - 6 September 2019.
The scholarships carry a tax-free stipend and financial assistance will be given for travel expenses to and from York. Accommodation for successful students is available on the University of York Campus
How to Apply
Interested in applying? To apply you need to provide, as one PDF document:
- Your CV (maximum of 2 pages)
- A brief personal statement (maximum of 1 page) including:
- Which project(s) and/or which role(s) in (a) group project(s) you are interested in (as many as you like but in preference order)
- Your reasons for applying
- Your academic interest
- Your future aspirations
- A full written academic reference (not just contact details). Your application will not be accepted without this reference (maximum of 1 page).
Send these via e-mail as one PDF document to email@example.com Please note that your information will be made freely available to potential supervisors at the University of York and that by applying you consent to this.
If your referee would prefer to send the reference separately, they can do so to the email address above but we ask you to co-ordinate with your referee to ensure that the application and reference arrive more or less together. We cannot consider applications that are incomplete after the deadline has passed.
Applications must be received by 31st March 2019.
Successful applicants for 2019 will be advised by Friday, 26th April 2019