Work With Us
Front End Developer
We seek an experienced Unity/C# front end developer, preferably with a background working in creative industries. You will have a portfolio of previous development work, demonstrating skill in both the design and implementation of high-quality User Interfaces. You will work in the Digital Creativity (DC) Labs, a world centre of excellence for impact-driven research in digital creativity, focusing on digital games, interactive media and the rich space where they converge. You will be part of a team of software developers who support our staff of interdisciplinary researchers and academics.
Your job will be to drive the development of the user interface for the DC Lab’s interactive storytelling authoring toolkit. You will work with academics and software developers to build upon our existing Unity prototype, facilitating its transformation into a stand-alone intended for use by creative professionals.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- You will have a proven track record of high-quality UI/UX development for desktop, preferably with a background in creative industries.
- You will have previous experience working with Unity/C#.
- You will have experience capturing design considerations from both software developers and intended users.
- You will also have experience working with industry-standard design tools, such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
Salary and duration
- Work to start as soon as possible. Project is estimated to last between 6-9 months
- Budget for this position is £25,000 - £30,000
- Some flexibility for home working
For enquiries: please contact email@example.com or 01904 325666
“The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. #EqualityatYork”.